COMING SOON FROM Tadlow Music
RELEASED ON APRIL 18th, 100 YEARS SINCE THE BIRTH OF MIKLOS ROZSA
“Father was extremely overjoyed at the prospect of scoring the life of Holmes. As he says in his autobiography, Double Life,“the script had the wit, the imagination and the charm of Wilder’s best films, and I was certain that this was going to be thebest of them all….as to the music, I enjoyed adapting my Concerto”.This really was a wonderful opportunity for my father to join his two musical “lives” together. His score would have appeal tonot only the aficionados of film music but to the more “sophisticated” concert goer. This World Première recording producedby James Fitzpatrick brings to life his beautiful, captivating and enchanting score and in addition gives us a wonderful bonus oflistening to the music that father composed for the film that was cut out of the final version. This truly is a wonderful tributeto my father’s centennial! Thank you.“
Beverly Hills, California , February 2007
The World Premiere Recording of the Complete Film Score from the Billy Wilder Film of 1970 THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES Composed byMIKLOS ROZSA.
Special Limited Collector's Edition • Spectacular New Digital Recording
• Mastered in• Over 77 Minutes of Music
• Scores Reconstructed, Orchestrated and Conducted by Rozsa expert Nic Raine
• One of the Finest Scores from the Legendary Hollywood Composer of BEN-HUR, EL CID,DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE LOST WEEKEND, LUST FOR LIFE,KING OF KINGS and SPELLBOUND
• Music Performed by the Acclaimed City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
• Stunning Solo Violin Performance by the Exciting New Violin Virtuoso Lucie Svehlova
• Score based on Rozsa's brilliant Concerto for Violin, Opus 24 (original written for Jascha Heifetz)
• Includes "Gabrielle", one of the most haunting themes ever composed for Violin and Orchestra.
BONUS MATERIAL includes over 20 Minutes of Music Composed for Scenes Cut from the Final Print of this Classic Billy Wilder Film.
A MAIL ORDER / INTERNET ONLY RELEASE
World Premiere Recording THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES
Composed by MIKLOS ROZSA
New Release from Tadlow Music
Mail Order : www.tadlowmusic.com
The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
Conducted byNic Raine
Solo Violin: Lucie Svehlova
Produced by James Fitzpatrick